You’ve worked hard this Spring to get the cottage ready to open for the season. All of those mandatory and unexpected jobs are finally finished. Now, it’s time to enjoy this place you love so much.
Your cottage is your quiet place to go to unwind, your little piece of heaven. But, it’s also a place to be shared. You cottage is a gathering place for family and friends, a place to entertain away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It’s your relaxing place to entertain those you love.
Wait, entertain and relaxing in the same sentence? Yes, you read that right.
We feel it is possible. manjya has some tips for you to keep your cottage entertaining simple enough, so that you remain relaxed this summer.
manjya’s top tips to keep you relaxed while cottage entertaining:
- Stock up. You can never have too many of the staples; napkins, plates, cutlery, cups, ice. It’s amazing how quickly these things disappear with a few visitors around at the cottage.
- Make a great music playlist. Shuffle up those tunes for a weekend full of your favourite music. This would be a great job to hire one of your kids to do!
- Have a few extra coolers available. Leave one at the dock and one on the deck. This will provide a place for food and drinks to stay cool and away from critters who might want to partake too. Plus, it will keep people outside of the cottage, instead of in and out, in and out.
- Prep as much food ahead of time as you can. Things like cleaning and chopping vegetables, slicing cheeses and meats, preparing sauces and marinades, will go a long way to making your life easier when you need them. You can even hire a personal chef to do just these tasks to help out before you head to the cottage. We’re sure your weeks are busy enough.
- If your cottage guests have little people, assemble an entertainment box for them; bubbles, puzzles, games, colouring, a butterfly net. Just when your mini guests start to get bored, you’ll have the box of entertainment at your disposal to keep them busy.
- Bring meals to the cottage that are already prepared. Made-ahead meals will make it so much more relaxing when it comes to mealtime. A personal chef from manjya, can help with this too. Did you know that a personal chef can prepare meals for you ahead of time? They can be vacuum sealed to retain their freshness, and frozen so you can pull them out whenever you need them. To learn more about this service, contact manjya.
manjya’s number one tip for cottage entertaining this summer? Keep things as simple as possible. At the end of the day, it’s a cottage. Your guests’ expectations are to enjoy the outdoors, your company, and to have fun.
You need to relax too. You’ve done the work, you’ve prepped and planned and now you can sit back and watch your relaxed weekend of entertaining unfold. But remember, if you hire a personal chef from manjya, that can be a big help too.